Changing CIAO! Preferences and Views
From the main CIAO! window, you can set preferences for how you want CIAO! to appear. You can also make changes to how the views appear.
Changing CIAO! Preferences
You can change the following preferences:
- Enable or disable Tooltips
- Enable or disable case insensitive sorting (when enabled, sort ignores case)
- Hide or show template linked elements
- Define the fonts for normal and modified elements
- Define the font for template-linked elements
- Restore the default font
To enable/disable Tooltips
You can enable or disable tooltips as follows:
- From the CIAO! menu select Enable Tooltips to add or remove the checkmark from the menu item.
To enable/disable case insensitive sorting
You can enable or disable case insensitive sorting as follows:
- From the CIAO! menu select Case Insensitive Sorting to add or remove the checkmark from the menu item.
To hide template-linked elements
If you make changes to template-linked elements, the changes could later be overwritten in the case of a design refresh or replace. You can change CIAO! preferences so that template-linked elements are not displayed in the CIAO! window.
- Click File > Preferences > Hide Template Linked Elements
To define fonts
You can define font types, for example, the Normal Font, used in the CIAO! window as follows:
- Click File > Preferences > Normal Font
You see the Font window.
- Select the font, font style, size, effects and color as needed.
- Click OK.
To restore the default font
You can restore the default font as follows:
- Click File > Preferences > Restore Default Fonts
Making changes in the view
Here are some changes you can make to the view:
- Add or remove columns from the view
- Change to a categorized view
To add/remove columns from the view
You can choose which columns to display in the CIAO! window as follows:
- Click View > Columns to add optional columns to the view, customizing the type of information that appears.
- Check or uncheck an item to add or remove the column from the view.
To change to a categorized view
The CIAO! main window default view lets you sort by clicking a column heading. CIAO! also has a categorized view of design elements that you can switch to as follows:
- Click View > Categorized View to toggle between the two views.
The check mark beside Categorized View indicates that the Categorized View is active.